Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  Bullets don't hit? (NATO)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bullets don't hit? (NATO)
Iceberg72
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 06-02-2001 08:39 PM


Every time I install Nato 3.5 and try to play internet games (UO) certain weapons and bullet types simply will not kill! It's as if nothing is coming out of my gun. I can get bullet holes on the other side of opponents and teammates, but they don't get hit. Mostly it seems to be with silenced weapons, and non-standard ammo types (such as glasers). Anyone else have this problem? Know of a solution?

(One other thing. Sometimes, the bullets will hit if they pass through someone first. i.e., I can hit someone on the other side of a teammate without hitting the teammate... It's just strange.)


Click Here to See the Profile for Iceberg72   Click Here to Email Iceberg72    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Warthog
Sergeant

Posts: 73
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 06-05-2001 04:41 PM


You know, I had this prob with silenced weapons FOR A LONG TIME. It pissed me off wicked. I thought I was the only one, too. I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire trio - RS, UO, CO....ughh what a waste of time. Once it worked, the other times it didn't.
dunno what to say, dude

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Iceberg72
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 06-05-2001 05:30 PM


Well, I just found the answer to this problem over on ARMM's forums.
Turns out that the UO 2.52 patch creates the problem. It has a tendency to "drop" ammo types added by mods. Because the Nato pack adds like 4000+ ammos, it has a higher drop rate than other mods. Jumping back to the 2.51 patch seems to fix the problem, but that tends to make it hard to play in general net games. =/Here's the link if you need to get the 2.51 patch...


ftp://ftp.redstorm.com/pub/urbanops/UO251US.exe

------------------
** ACCURACY THROUGH VOLUME.**
(1 clip, 1 kill.)


Click Here to See the Profile for Iceberg72   Click Here to Email Iceberg72    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47