Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Mods
  MOD Editing

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   MOD Editing
Rendar
Private

Posts: 10
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 05:56 PM


As I don't play RS/UO multiplayer, I sometimes like to edit MODs. I noticed that when I change even one value in the UO Editor, the whole weapon files gets screwed up. The numbers all switch places, and it becomes a mess. Is this made on purpose so dorks like me won't fiddle around with the MODs?
Click Here to See the Profile for Rendar   Click Here to Email Rendar    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 26772621UIN: 26772621   Send an AIM Message to AndrewFerens   Send a message to aferensUIN: 26772621 IP Logged
sniper
Moderator

Posts: 202
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 11:32 PM


This could happen because your not only editing the values for 1 or 2 weapons for RS, but now your changing it for RS/UO/COE..

I don't change my values because I belive it is cheating unless you come out and tell people that you have changed your values so I don't know a whole lot on this issue...

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer
http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
Rendar
Private

Posts: 10
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 07:48 PM


So maybe that's why it get screwed up (Anti-cheat tool). I never play RS/UO online, so it doesn't matter. The only MOD that I have been able to edit was Sputnik's.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Rendar   Click Here to Email Rendar    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 26772621UIN: 26772621   Send an AIM Message to AndrewFerens   Send a message to aferensUIN: 26772621 IP Logged
CaptainMiller2
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-22-2001 11:34 AM


All mods should be easy to edit, if when you say the weapon numbers, you mean in the kit folder. I've edited all of mine, and I've had over 20. You've got to be carefull and keep the same format, and do not cut and paste. If you're unclear about what all the numbers mean, the "FIRE POWER" mod for urban ops lists all the values. If this isn't what you mean, and you're talking about some more advanced types of editing, you can email me at "gordocooper@hotmail.com"

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for CaptainMiller2   Click Here to Email CaptainMiller2    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to NA   Send a message to NAUIN: IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47