Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Mods
  Snapping to grid / black stuff problem

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Snapping to grid / black stuff problem
Tomcat
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: May 2001

posted 05-03-2001 09:55 AM


I am wondering if you can help me, I have a problem building a map in 3dsmax 3.0

Here is the deal:

See the black stuff... I thought ya did, anyway, this is my problem, I know where it occurs, and what probably causes it... It's at a portal, and it happens for the following reason I think:

When i place lines or boxes or whatever, my snap to grid works fine and it snaps and snaps and snaps...

However, when I am moving things, there is no snapping... Cynical Saint clearly says in the tutorial: and because of the snap to grid, i dont have to get in here real close... Well, it doesnt work in moving stuff with me...

I am using 3dMAX 3.0. If you know how i can make it snap when i move things (vertices in this case)

Thanks! Tell me plz!!!! thanks thanks thanks lol


Click Here to See the Profile for Tomcat   Click Here to Email Tomcat    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
cgoodson
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: May 2001

posted 05-09-2001 08:25 PM


If you are moving the "whatever" with the arrows that pop up when you select the move option it will not snap to grid. You have to "grab" the "whatever" where it meets a grid point and then move it. it should then snap to grid.

hope this helps

------------------
If you run, you only die tired.


Click Here to See the Profile for cgoodson    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 116052893UIN: 116052893      Send a message to swatsniperUIN: 116052893 IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47