Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Off-Topic
  Got a Playstation 2 yet?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Got a Playstation 2 yet?
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 08:59 AM


Everyone at work and online is talking about their attempts to get a PS2 and how everyone is sold out. Anyone get theirs yet? I am personally not interested and soft of bored with consoles. I am hanging in their for the X-Box.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Fitz
3d Retreat

Posts: 38
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 01:08 PM


I want to buy one (for gran turismo 2000). But I am restricted from buying a console by the rents (even though I have $500 bucks in my hand right now).

I am not tired of consoles. I am tired of people who think they will dominate the PC (which PC's have been more powerful than the new consoles for a long time). I see no problem in buying a console.

------------------
-Fitz (AKA: The Other White Meat)

News Editor/Interviewer
RS Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz   Click Here to Email Fitz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30531045UIN: 30531045   Send an AIM Message to Pie4Fitz   Send a message to JoeFitz_UIN: 30531045 IP Logged
Fox
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 03:30 PM


I went in line at my Software Etc., buying Hydro Thunder for my dreamcast, and when they said, "will that be all?" I asked, "Well, I heard about these new Playstation 2's. Can I have one" It worked. They had a line for ps2 stuff, and for other stuff. It was too damn easy. Not to mention they asked me if I wanted games.

So I'm out 450. Oh well.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Fox    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 03:54 PM


So you just walked in and asked for one and had no problem? Wow...that is a first.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 70
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 06:24 PM


Frys has 50+ PS2 at the frys in Oregon toward salem... first come, first serve....

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
Sherlock
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-27-2000 01:42 PM


Snagged one at Sears at 10:18 am yesterday morning they had 6 and I got one. I showed up at 9:45 am to see what was going on and they had announced that they were going to give out mumbers and rafel them off. I pulled #35 and snagged the second PS2. It is very nice and I am happy.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock   Click Here to Email Sherlock    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 20950532UIN: 20950532       IP Logged
diablone
3d Retreat

Posts: 10
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-29-2000 07:59 PM


I'm not even concerned about it yet. The only games I want aren't out yet, such as MGS2:SOL and GT3. Right now I'm having plentyl of fun with my Dreamcast and its great selection of games out, and I can't wait for Shen Mu and Metropolotis Street Racer.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for diablone   Click Here to Email diablone    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
SamTheMan
Private

Posts: 37
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-30-2000 10:10 PM


Why not just win a PS2?? go to http://www.gamers.com they are giving away one everyday untill christmas... lucky lucky winners.

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47