|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() Off-Topic
![]() PS2 - not impressed
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: PS2 - not impressed | ||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 260 |
I religiously play Madden 2001 on the PC (been practicing pappy? hehe) and after playing Madden 2001 on the PS2 at the store last night, I was NOT impressed. The PC and PS2 versions supposedly use the same models but the players look so much better and have much more realistic animations on the PC. It looks like a solid game on the PS2 but I was just not as impressed with it as the PC version. There went my itch to get a PS2 ![]() ------------------ | ||
|
SamTheMan Private ![]()
Posts: 42 |
Yep, i tried to convience a friend that the PC will always be better than any system that hooks in your TV, but he just wouldnt believe me. Poor playstation lovers. ------------------ | ||
|
The_Stapler_RCU Newbie
Posts: 2 |
Sam is right, a Computer will always be better than a console, period. But there is a certain feel I get when I play on a console that I don't get on a computer..... | ||
|
SamTheMan Private ![]()
Posts: 42 |
Yeah, there's always a different feeling... mabey it's because the system is smaller... and the TV is different... and the controllers, yes the controller... always suck. ------------------ | ||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 260 |
I always get a "solid" feeling when playing consoles. Games seem to play a lot smoother on consoles without many problems like on a PC. I used to hate playing sports games on a PC and would only play on consoles. Funny enough, that has changed! Madden 2000 and 2001 have taken me away from the console and I am enjoying the online play. That is what it is all about now. It isn't any fun to play the AI. I like playing friends online better. ------------------ | ||
|
KornKob Private ![]()
Posts: 16 |
And don't forget that HD TV will break the consol's dependence on the 320 x 240 (close enough) resolution provided by current television sets and allow for crisper imagry. ------------------ | ||
|
diablone 3d Retreat
Posts: 13 |
I'm fairly certain that Dreamcast can run in 640x480 without HDTV. | ||
|
KornKob Private ![]()
Posts: 16 |
Actually it is much sticker than that. umm--- well-- here is a resource to try: http://developer.webtv.net/design/resolution/resolution.htm or here: ------------------ Jason "KornKob" Robinson | ||
|
Fitz 3d Retreat
Posts: 39 |
I hate people that side to much in the gaming industry. While i side to the pc, and they will always be better, even thought the market for console games is alot larger, i still buy consoles. i dont think the pc, or the console is supior in any way. plus psx has fifa 98...my team is da shit. ------------------ News Editor/Interviewer |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47