Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Off-Topic
  Cookies Working

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Cookies Working
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 243
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 02:15 PM


I was curious if anyone was having a problem with the forums not remembering your username and password even though you have your preferences set to remember your login via a cookie.

The cookies are working fine for me but I know there is at least one case where it isn't working for someone on multiple computers he uses. Anyone else having this problem?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 70
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 03:03 PM


works if I like psot a message... but if I exit the forum then I have to "log-in" again and so ya...

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer
http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 243
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 05:33 PM


Up at the top, click on "Preferences". Do you have the radial button clicked to "Remember your login info" ?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
chrispix
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-01-2000 02:44 AM


I am the same way, if i leave the site, I have to re-enter my username and password to post to a thread.. And yes, preferences say keep cookie for a year.. You know snicker it might go moldy by then..

------------------
/Chrispix


Click Here to See the Profile for chrispix   Click Here to Email chrispix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24178629UIN: 24178629      Send a message to chrispix99UIN: 24178629 IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 243
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-01-2000 04:32 PM


Bah....ok, I think I know why it happened. Some of you guys registered for your account when I had the UBB up on our temp server for development and then when it moved over the cookies got confused. I just made a cookie change so go to your preferences, click on the "delete my cookies" and then ahve them reset again. Hopefully that works ;-)

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47