Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Off-Topic
  Checking Hotmail via OE

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Checking Hotmail via OE
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 596
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-31-2000 10:33 PM


I read on the web that you can setup Outlook Express to check your Hotmail mail account instead of having to use the Hotmail web interface. I don't use Hotmail but I figured someone could benefit from this info:

With the latest version of Outlook express, this is easy.

1. Start OE

2. Click on Tools, then click on Accounts.

3. Click on Add, then click on Mail - this starts the wizard.

4. Enter your display name, then click Next.

5. Enter your email addrss, then click next. Make sure this is your hotmail account.

6. At the email server name page, select your incoming mail server type as HTTP and yoru provider as
hotmail. Then click next.

7. At the Internet Mail Logon page, enter your hotmail account and password. CLick on NExt.

8. Then click on finish.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
SamTheMan
Sergeant

Posts: 92
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-03-2001 05:37 PM


lol, and you just now found that out?

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 92
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-04-2001 08:47 PM


I left my trout in IRC damn!

I didn't know about it, thanks snick.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
SamTheMan
Sergeant

Posts: 92
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-05-2001 08:29 PM


lol

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 596
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-08-2001 03:22 PM


I had no need to know about it. I never use Hotmail but I had heard people complain that Hotmail was web based only. After learning that it wasn't true, I figured I would share the knowledge. Just because you knew about it Sam doesn't mean everyone else does!

...let me borrow that trout when you find it Shroom.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47