Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  The Rubber Chicken News
  Dear Rubber Chicken (advice to Star Trek red shirts)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Dear Rubber Chicken (advice to Star Trek red shirts)
GoatBeard
Moderator

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 06:39 AM


I found (made up) the following letter:

"Dear Rubber Chicken,

I work for this big intergalactic outfit as a security officer. When I first signed on I thought it would be a good way to see the planets, impress the local chicks with my cool red uniform shirt, and earn some money for college. We have a great bunch of guys on the team, and I really enjoy the work. The problem is that it seems like every time we beam down to a planet one or two of my buddies die. I'm not exaggerating here, I mean every single time. Oh sure, the Captain always manages to get away at the end of the mission, but he usually leaves a security corpse dirtside. We've tried everything, from standing at the front of the Away Team to standing at the back. Sometimes we even manage to skip the Away Team altogether, but then the ship gets attacked and one of us gets shot, or crushed by a beam, or taken over by some entity. It seems like we just can't catch a break. I'm thinking about resigning and becoming a Denebian ore hauler or something. Any advice? Signed: Trembling on Triskelion"

Well fine readers of The Rubber Chicken, here is your chance to help. Just hit that Reply button and write up your advice in the style of Dear Abby.


Click Here to See the Profile for GoatBeard   Click Here to Email GoatBeard    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
GoatBeard
Moderator

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 06:42 AM


Dear Trembling,

I assume you've tried talking to your Captain already. If that hasn't helped then maybe I would suggest getting rid of that red shirt (TARGET!)and putting on a tasteful camouflage ensemble.

Rubber Chicken

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for GoatBeard   Click Here to Email GoatBeard    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
GoatBeard
Moderator

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 09:20 PM


Dear Trembling,

Is this what you are describing?
http://pblaiklock.tripod.com/youcant/00spr/spr00_kesafloyd_aol_01.gif

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for GoatBeard   Click Here to Email GoatBeard    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47