Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  The Rubber Chicken News
  ...and the role of the Designated Victim will be played by...

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   ...and the role of the Designated Victim will be played by...
GoatBeard
Moderator

Posts: 61
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-10-2000 02:16 AM


So ok, I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I heard the ill-fated Red Shirts on Star Trek TOS have been dubbed 'Kenny' after the ill-fated character on South Park. We always used to call then Ensign Figowitz, but I think I like Kenny better.

C'mon, you know what I'm talking about. The Designated Victims! Like when you first saw the two stoner maintenance guys in Alien you just KNEW they were going to get it.

- The horny rich kids in every slasher movie.
- The named character in the Star Trek episode who suddenly shows up in mid-season (cartographer, historian, geologist, chief engineer (seemed to go through a couple of those in 1st season of TNG)).
- The nice, naive kid with glasses from Iowa in almost every Vietnam movie.
- The henchman who is trying to get away with the loot before the monster/poison/explosion he released/helped create/knew about goes off.

Chime in, share your thoughts. It is two in the morning and I cannot be entirely sure than I'm making sense. Your contributions to this thread will... well, they will make this thread longer.


Click Here to See the Profile for GoatBeard   Click Here to Email GoatBeard    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
grendelmcp
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 02-02-2001 09:46 PM


My friends and I always reffered to the Red-Shirt Star Trek guy who was clearly marked for the "He's Dead Jim..." statement as "Yeoman Johnson"

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for grendelmcp   Click Here to Email grendelmcp    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31554752UIN: 31554752       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47